Wednesday, September 22, 2010

100 Days for Change

Always looking for new ways to stay motivated, and read about the 100 Day Challenge on a blog I came across just today. I'm definitely in! So glad I found this today, since the last 100 days left in 2010 start counting down tomorrow.

As I'm sure most people do, I made a list of New Year's resolutions for 2010. And, like most people, I can't remember what some of them are, let alone made much progress towards achieving all of them. So this challenge is like a second chance!

I'd love to make you believe I've put a lot of thought into my goals, but I'd be lying. I didn't have to. Mine are fairly cliche, but they're what I need. So here goes:

1. I know women aren't supposed to talk about their weight using specifics, but oh well. As of my weigh-in last week, I was 227 lbs. I haven't been below 200 since my son was born. My first goal is to see 199 on my scale before 2011. I'm fairly sure I'll cry when it happens, it's been that long. I technically did get a peek at it on a diet years ago, but I quickly sabotaged myself and haven't seen it since.

2. I'm going to try a new healthy recipe at least once a week. My mom is an amazing cook, but unfortunately, the only recipes she passed on to me are more comfort food than anything else (I learned stuffed shells this weekend). I'm basically rebuilding my recipe book from scratch. I love cooking, but I've got a lot to learn! Maybe I'll post when I find ones we decide to keep.

3. I'm going to work out a minimum of 3 times a week, no excuses. Even if it's for only 30 minutes, it's more than I was doing this time last year and it will be an improvement. I've really struggled with making this a priority since the wedding in July, but I have to. I want to do another 5k by the end of the year too, but I'm not ready to make that an official goal yet!

4. As always, I'm working to improve my overall outlook on things. Staying positive, being thankful, all that jazz.

That's it for me! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Hi I got your name off the Hot 100 Challenge list and I just wanted to stop by and wish you good luck. I'll be checking back in on your progress and I hope you accomplish all your goals. I hope you don't mind me adding you as one of my favorite blogs.

    http://nevertheskinnygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to meet you! I hope you do too, it's nice knowing I'm not the only one struggling through this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck you you! I think the goals look like great ones!

    It's good to have you as a part of the Hot 100!

    ReplyDelete