Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 6: The Coolest Kid That EVER Lived

My 7-year-old son has severe ADHD, and OCD is just something that comes with it. We're still working with his pediatrician to find the right dosage for him, so some days are good, some days are awful. The kind of awful where I have to take a 5 minute break alone out on the balcony so I don't pull my hair out. I *hope* all parents have moments like that though, I tell myself they do so I don't feel like world's worst mom.

Despite all of that, my son is the coolest kid that ever lived. Seriously. I've started putting a weekly menu on our dry erase board on the kitchen to avoid arguments over dinner, so the boys KNOW when their scheduled good-but-not-good-for-you dinner is (they pick dinner on cheat night), and so Mr. D can't use a lack of knowledge as an excuse for not starting dinner when he beats me home.

So this morning we made a change to the menu for tonight. Just one. And he looked at me and asked:

"Seriously? You've deviated already?"

We read a lot.

He's also the coolest kid that ever lived because we've already pulled out Halloween decorations while Mr. D was still at work. He's one of the only people I know that digs Halloween as much as I do. And that's awesome, because then I have a legit excuse for pulling it all out.

Best. Kid. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment