Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday Recap


Chris and I at Putt-Putt

Today was my dad's company picnic at Putt-Putt. There were so many opportunities to be bad today, and so few healthy choices available. Corky's catered lunch, so I settled for coleslaw and a chicken thigh I pulled the skin off of. I was starving halfway through the afternoon and the healthiest thing at Putt-Putt was the ice cream. Seriously? They had everything from pizza to funnel cake, but no side salads, no grilled anything, no fruit.

Here's the best part: I didn't want it. Any of it. All I could think of was how sick all that grease could make me after such a great week. I can honestly say that's new to me. Not once have I ever turned my nose up at a corn dog. Maybe I was sick, or under hypnosis. Either way, how liberating!

Now, to my Hot 100 Challenge weekly update...

I lost 1.5 this week, which puts me at 225.5 lbs. My goal to see 199 on the scale before 2011 is realistic at this point. Losing about 2 lbs per week will get me there, so consistency is key at this point. What I'm doing works, I just have to stick with it. Easier said than done some days. With Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas coming up, I'm nervous. My family has always celebrated everything with food, and my mom cooks like most traditional Southern mothers (think Paula Deen)- everything's fried, smothered in gravy, loaded with butter, or dipped in chocolate. My plan of attack? I want to make the way I thought about my food choices today (at Putt-Putt) a habit. I'm not sure how to change my mental process regarding food honestly, but I need to figure it out before then if I want to achieve this goal.

This week, my new recipe was pizza burgers, and I loved them. It was really filling for 4 points and a nice change from the same old burgers. Mr. D's always complaining about how the extra lean hamburger is drier, and the sauce does help hide that somewhat.

1 lb. extra lean hamburger
4 high-fiber wheat hamburger buns
1 cup Ragu Light Tomato and Basil spaghetti sauce
1 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste

**Serves 4- 4 WW points each.

I did get in 3 workouts this week, but it was difficult. I was doing really well to get in just 30 minutes, and I was really disappointed with that. Before the wedding, I was working out at least every other day most weeks, doing everything from Zumba, to the gym, to Jillian Michaels and even my first 5k two weeks before I got married. I was really stupid one night and talked Mr. D into trying P90X.. My first workout this week was one that was pretty routine before, just using hand held weights. The lunges and squats killed me, I was so sore the rest of the week. I've always hated lunges (and whomever decided they were a necessary evil), and it made my other workouts that much more miserable. Maybe I'm a wimp, but it will be a while before I try those again.

And my happy thought for day 10? My personal little victory at Putt-Putt wins by a land slide. Putt-Putt can keep their greasy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment