Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Breakfast Bruschetta

Skipping breakfast is a huge no-no in diet world regardless of what plan you're following. Bob Harper even says we need to eat within 30 minutes of waking up (I'll find the link later) to really boost our metabolism. This rule sounds pretty easy, right? I think I struggled with this more than anything else when I started back in Spring! I rarely ate breakfast, but if I did, it sure wasn't first thing in the morning. Coffee- that'd my idea of breakfast. Even my son was very anti-breakfast!

But you have to, right? So I started with cereal bars, but got really bored with breakfast. We have a lot of variety in our other 2 meals of the day, why should breakfast be any different? Now, my family rarely has cereal for breakfast (they're kind of spoiled) because I try to make something different every day. So far, it's helped a lot! We all eat breakfast every day now, and actually look forward to it.

So on my way to work, I thought I'd share one of my favorite breakfasts with you:

Breakfast Bruschetta
1 high fiber light English muffin
1/4 cup tomatoes
1/4 fat free mozzarella
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Garlic to taste

Cut the English muffin in half and divide all the ingredients between each half, leave the cheese off for now. Using a toaster oven or the broiler, toast muffins to cook tomatoes slightly. Remove and add cheese, toast again until melted.

It's 4 points on WW, and you get 2 servings of oil, 1 dairy, and 1/2 a veggie.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Looks tasty! Breakfast is important. When I can remember it!!

    There is something at my place with your name on it, come claim it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I love it because I discovered I like tomatoes with this recipe- who knew?! On weight watchers, you have to get 2 tsp of healthy oils a day, so this is a great way to sneak it in.

    ReplyDelete