Saturday, October 2, 2010

Caramel Pumpkin Pudding Cupcakes


Our grocery store finally has canned pumpkin in stock! I was embarrassingly excited when I saw it on the shelf. Like Christmas morning excited. I'm kind of a huge fan of all things pumpkin...

So! I found this recipe for caramel pumpkin cupcakes, and they're only 108 calories (2 WW points) each. I made them at my parent's house, and my dad and brother devoured them. They still don't believe they're only 108 calories..

For Cupcakes:
2 cups yellow cake mix (I used sugar free)
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup fat free egg substitute
2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp Splenda
1/8 tsp salt

For Topping:
3 caramel cubes
2 tsp light vanilla soy milk (can use regular milk but it will add calories)

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk all cupcake ingredients together until well blended (will not be creamy smooth like regular cake mix). Line or spray 12 cupcake tins. Spoon mix into pan. Bake for 12 minutes, or until toothpick comes out slightly gooey (pudding cupcakes will be a little gooey in the middle).

When cupcakes are cool enough to remove from pan, place close together on a plate. Microwave caramel and soy milk for 1 1/2 minutes on half power. Stir well. Microwave for another 20 seconds, stir. Drizzle immediately over cupcakes. Best served warm! Next time, I think I'll add crushed pecans to the mix ;)

Now this is my kind of diet food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment