Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lazy Lowfat Lasagna

My BFF gave me this recipe last week and I finally made it last night. The boys' verdict: can't tell it's low calorie! I'm being lazy, and just copying the email she sent, and adding what I changed. It serves 9, and was 5 points on Weight Watchers based on the specific ingredients I used. You definitely want to give it a try!

Lazy Lasagna

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground round (I used 96% lean)
  • 1 (26-ounce) jar low-fat spaghetti sauce (Ragu Light Tomato and Basil)
  • 1 (16-ounce) carton fat-free cottage cheese
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (I used reduced fat)
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 (8-ounce) package precooked lasagna noodles (I used 9)
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat mild cheddar cheese (fat free)
  • Chopped fresh parsley (optional)

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Cook meat in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well, and return meat to pan. Add sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Combine cottage and Parmesan cheeses in a bowl; set aside.

Spread 1/2 cup meat mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over meat mixture; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup meat mixture, and 1/3 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread remaining meat mixture over noodles. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.

Nutritional Information

Calories:
275 (20% from fat)
Fat:
6.2g (sat 2.8g,mono 2.1g,poly 0.4g)
Protein:
28.1g
Carbohydrate:
26.1g
Fiber:
1.9g
Cholesterol:
43mg
Iron:
2.8mg
Sodium:
584mg
Calcium:
181mg

2 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy. I've always had a bad experience with making lasagna though. Maybe I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first time EVER making lasagna.. I definitely have room for improvement on presentation! Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete