I received my very first award in Blogger land, huge thank you to Trix at Life's Too Short! I feel all official now! Receiving the award requires you share 7 things about yourself. Oh boy.
1. I'm a huge book nerd.. Anita Blake, Sookie Stackhouse, Blackdagger Brotherhood, Twilight.. Yes, I'm one of those crazy vampire book nerds. I DO read other things though, I'm currently reading Catching Fire, book 2 in The Hunger Games series. My birthday is next Wednesday, but my husband already got me the Nook several weeks ago.
2. I love all things penguin. I can't tell you how many stuffed penguins I have because they were all stolen by my son. Lenny is my favorite.
3. I had my son at 17, and did finish high school. I graduated salutatorian when he was almost one. I went on to college, but had to stop 4 classes away from finishing my degree in medical administration due to very ill grandparents moving in with me. I refused to be another statistic.
4. My mother is a crazy bat, and the older I get, the more of her I see in me. Sometimes it scares me (starting the anti-anxiety meds), but sometimes I feel like I understand her a little better. She's still a crazy bat, but I love her.
5. My husband and I met online in an AIM chat room before Match.com made it cool. He was in college in NH, and I was here in Memphis. We spent every break together after talking for a year. Aside from putting up with me like a superhero, he took on a father role to my son and has always treated him like his own. Five years later and we're happily married (most days!). God bless the Internet.
6. ADD/ADHD is everywhere in my family: my dad, brother, grandfather, me, and now my son. You'd think growing up with it would better prepare me for some of the ADHD parenting challenges, but nooo. My son got it from both sides, poor kid, and is the only one with ADHD rather than ADD. His teacher and I are about to go to war, and I'll win. Crazy-bat being my mother means I can only be so patient for so long. Good luck, Ms. Walker. I'll try not to make you cry.
7. I hate being a natural redhead because my eyelashes are all but invisible without mascara.
So now that you have all this new useless knowledge, on to part 2! I'm passing on the award to 15 other blogs that brighten my day:
1. Phil at Couch Potato to 10k.
2. Christina at Never the Skinny Girl.
3. Christina (another one!) at I'm Sick of Being as Big as a House.
4. Stephanie at She's in There Somewhere.
5. Angie at Motivated Mama.
6. Leigh at See What Had Happened Was..
7. Tammy at A Newer Tammy.
8. Blubeari at Shrinking Blubeari.
9. Kelly at Life in the Fat Lane.
10. Ice Queen at Fat Like Me.
11. Lisa at In Weigh Over My Head.
13. Penny at No More Tomorrows.
14. Weight Watcher Girl at Weight Watcher Ramblings.
15. Kimberly at The Woman Inside Me.
These are definitely worth checking out if you're not already a follower!!
I have 115 posts in Reader to catch up on.. Oy! I'll be saving that for tomorrow :)