Saturday, November 6, 2010

Greek Style Scampi

Not a new recipe, but it's a healthier one that we love at my house, so I thought I'd share. Especially since I was lazy at trying a new one this week.

Greek Style Scampi
Serves 4

6 oz. whole wheat thin spaghetti
12 oz shrimp (I cheat and buy the frozen medium size with veins/tails already removed)
1 can crushed tomatoes, no salt added
1/2 green pepper, diced
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp EVOO
Crushed red pepper to taste (a little goes a long way)
6 tbsp crumbled feta cheese

1. Cook spaghetti as instructed.
2. In large skillet, add EVOO, green pepper, minced garlic, and red pepper. Saute until garlic and peppers begin to slightly brown. Add tomatoes and shrimp. Cook, stirring occasionally until heated through.
3. Mix noodles and sauce together, top with 1 1/2 tbsp feta cheese.

335 calories

Oh, and I use salad plates for all my meals, so portions may appear larger than they are ;)

2 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! Love the flavors!

    You just asked me about splenda in frosting? I haven't had the best luck in using ALL splenda in baked goods. I used it all the time in sauces like sweet and sour sauce and stuff but in baked goods, it does have a "taste". You could experiment with using it though. Maybe try half and half? Maybe with the pumpkin and the pie spice, the splenda taste would disappear, I don't know. It's worth a shot though.

    I try not to divulge into sweets like this too often. I've been on a kick with this amish starter but most of the things I make, I give away. I made amish chocolate chip cookies last night and didn't get rid of them soon enough! I ate way too many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's something I found via Cooking Light, but I tweaked it a little.

    I may have to try it half and half, because the pictures alone made me drool! I have such a sweet tooth it's hard not to have some, so I have to make sure they're as low in points as I can get them, LOL!

    ReplyDelete