Friday, November 5, 2010

Hot 100 Update, Week 6

We all knew this was coming, so here it is..

1. Goal 1: Seeing 199 on the scale before 2011. I gained 2 lbs this week, putting me back at 219.6 and I hate it.

2. Goal 2: Trying one new healthy recipe a week. I don't think we tried a single new thing this week. Epic fail.

3. Goal 3: Working out 3 times a week. Another epic fail. Between family dinners, Halloween, and just plain lack of motivation, I didn't get to the gym once. I'm not counting all the walking we did from house to house on Halloween either.

I dropped the ball big time on all 3 counts, and it's not okay despite what everyone has said all week. I appreciate my family and friends trying to take some of the sting out, really I do, but I'm not making excuses. Yes, it was my birthday this week. Yes, that only comes once a year. But guess what? So do Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Valentine's Day, Easter, etc. If I validate my bad week full of bad choices based on that theory, what's to stop me from using it EVERY holiday? Nothing. Excuses are what got me up to 250 lbs in the first place. I had an excuse for everything- why I couldn't work out, why I picked up McDonald's instead of cooking, why I just needed that second or third cupcake.. No more excuses. Instead of thoroughly enjoying my birthday-that-only-comes-once-a-year, I need to focus on the changes necessary to ensure I'm around for MORE birthdays.

Buckling that easily kind of scared me with all the holidays coming up, so I'm determined to do whatever I can to avoid this at Thanksgiving, not that I think holidays are the enemy... If anything, this week showed me that despite losing weight and having some very successful weeks, I'm still an emotional eater. Apparently, that's not just going to go away because I can follow a plan. I need to start working on WHY I'm eating just as much as what and how much I'm eating if I want this to stick. Losing the weight kind of feels like treating the side effects or symptoms, not the actual problem, and that just won't do because I want this to be the last time I have to fight this weight loss battle.

I'll put my soap box away now :) I'm definitely in a better mood now after being back on track the last 2 days, even though none of what caused this week to be stressful has changed. I think at least part of feeling so awful (think emo blob from outer space) was directly related to all the junk I ate, and the lack of movement. I don't care how good something tastes or makes me feel at that moment, it's not worth another week like this. Now, hopefully I can remember all of this at Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone else had a better week! :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

  1. I WAS hoping to hit 199 by 2011 but now I've moved that goal up to the beginning of summer! I so don't want to move it again!! Healthy recipes, I've got plenty! I just made and ate a black bean salsa pizza that was healthy and fantastic!

    Ignore the holidays, they are just an excuse. Do you what you need to do to make your goal. No excuses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping I can still make it, but that's almost 20 lbs with less than 2 months to go.. Yikes! I love trying new recipes, the hard part is convincing my husband to try it, LOL! He did get excited about trying several he found in the 2 new cookbooks I got for my birthday this week though :) It's progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful with the excuses....there are still more holidays around the corner and you dont want to fall into that trap. I really only let two days slip by and thats Thanksgiving and Xmas Eve. Good luck. We are here if you need that push in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dawn, I do need it sometimes! It's weird.. my family is supportive while I'm doing well with it, but at the first sign of weakness on my part, it's gone. They go from "You're doing a great job!" to "It's okay, you deserve it this week." I'm in no way blaming them as it was my choice entirely, but I really wish I had more Jillian's around, haha! I need to work on preparing myself mentally before the holidays get here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

    If you have satellite or cable you could check FitTV, they have some great strength training shows. If you're a Netflix member, they have a few strength training DVD's you could try. Collagevideo.com also has some good ones. I just bought 30 Minutes to Fitness: Muscle Definition with Kelly Coffey and like it a lot.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dropping the ball happens sometimes, but at least you are picking yourself back up. You can't change last week, but you can make today an incredible day.

    YOU CAN DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys!! Those pesky 2 lbs seem to have vacated already- I'll know for sure end of the week at WI! So glad I have you guys to kick my butt back into gear! :)

    ReplyDelete