Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hot 100 Update, Week 7

I'm cheating and typing up most of this Thursday night, but won't post until I have my actual numbers from WI in the morning. Also planning to start adding photos so I can better track what the little bit of sculpting/toning I've added is doing- if anything. Little nervous about putting all my flab out there for viewing, but I've seen a lot of before/after pictures that were inspirational enough to make me suck it up.

1. Goal 1: Seeing 199 on the scale before 2011. I lost 2 lbs this week, for a total of 33.4 lbs lost. Stayed under 1200 calories both days after starting the DDD Challenge, over 150 oz of water those 2 days, and have worked out all week. Am I a little bummed? Yes, but not because I don't appreciate seeing the loss. Bummed because if I had NOT made such bad choices last week and gained 2, my scale would have said 214.6 instead of 216.6 for the second time this month. I do not enjoy doing the same job twice, you know? My fault, I'm done complaining about it now.

2. Goal 2: Trying one new healthy recipe a week. I don't mean to sound cocky, but I think I redeemed myself after last week! We made: brownies (that got tossed), apple pumpkin bread (also tossed), general tso's chicken (tossed), penne alla vodka (finally an edible one!), and crunchy mac n' cheese (yum). All were from the new cookbooks I received last week. I'll post the recipes for the edible ones this weekend.

3. Goal 3: Working out 3 times a week. I tallied it all up, and the totals were- 2 hours, 45 min in the gym; 1 hour 15 min Zumba; two 20 minute walks during lunch at work; and 2 quick 15 minute morning workouts with hand weights and the exercise ball. My arms, thighs, abs, and ass hurt. Maybe I'm a masochist..

4. Oh yes, there's a 4th being added this week! I'm adding morning workouts at least 4 days a week before work. I think it's crucial to getting your metabolism going, so I'm going to make that happen.

I hope everyone had a super successful week! I'll be checking around later today!

Oh yeah.. And now for those pictures:

10 comments:

  1. I love making new recipes! :D

    33lbs lost and you're looking good!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one on the loss...and you are turning into a little exercise demon, Mrs.D. I'm impressed and your efforts will pay off dividends in the long-run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I write my posts ahead of time too. Sometimes that works to my advantage because if the challenge update says I did not cheat then I can't cheat! This week it didn't help me at all:(

    Sounds like you are doing very well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the loss! I am glad to see you do the pics too - you won't regret it! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lost weight this week. That is the goal. That is to be applauded.

    Please don't be bummed about what you did yesterday, last week, last month, last year. We need those times to teach us something.

    Congrats on the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through the Hot 100 Challenge. Awesome job on the weight loss!

    What a pity about the recipes that didn't work out. I hate waisting ingredients and my time making something that turns out yucky!

    Check out my blog as I post my favorite healthy recipes that my family approves of.

    Wishing you well as you move forward with the last 50 days of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing so well! I agree that the exercise is crucial for our metabolism. I hope you get into it and feel great after your new morning workouts.
    I love the pictures. Your son is so sweet and he clearly loves his beautiful mommy.
    Have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone!! I'm feeling a lot better about it today. It was still a loss, even if it wasn't what I expected.

    Both my husband and my son have been really great the last few weeks about supporting me. I save my "cheat night" for something they want as a thank you :)

    Yesterday was supposed to be my rest day for the week, but I still ended up taking a walk at lunch, and doing some Zumba at a friend's! An exercise demon isn't a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I often write things up ahead of time. Well, my recipes I ALWAYS write up ahead and on the dieting blog, I try to but end up waiting until the last minute and then I have nothing inspiring to say as I am too tired!

    Great job and I love the pics! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete