Monday, November 15, 2010

Mondays..

I'm about to go into womanly issues, so consider yourself warned!

First, I'm an idiot. The water bottles I use on a daily basis hold 32 oz, not 24. I've been drinking an average of 6 bottles daily since last Tuesday. That's 192 oz, without including my morning coffee. Whoops! Knowing my error isn't going to change my intake much though because I'm STILL thirsty when I'm not consuming this much. I woke up this morning feeling beyond dehydrated. Obviously my body is digging all the water, who am I to argue with that? I did have a coworker (one I dislike admittedly) lecture me about too much water being a bad thing. I've read all about this, and the consensus seems to be that too much, too fast is the issue. I'm stretching mine out over a 15-18 hour day, and feel great. If I'm missing something, please let me know.

I have kept an eye out for any indications of this being too much, and aside from being cleaned out, the only change I've noticed is my cycle. It started this weekend, on and off, which is a full week early for me. To be fair, the increased exercise, change in calories, AND increased water could all play a part in this. I'm not worried about it, but if I happen to start AGAIN at the end of the week because of my BC, I may kill someone. PMS is bad enough once a month, right?!

On a positive note, that means I lost about 4 since Tuesday, technically before my period. I see no need to further explain this happy realization :)

I added a new weekly Hot 100 goal- to work out before work 4x a week. Monday came, and nadda. Apparently going to bed after midnight, hunting zombies in your sleep, and getting up at 5.. Okay, hitting snooze until 6:45 and then racing around to get ready.. Is not conducive to a morning workout. I know my bedtime needs to be earlier, but I struggle getting in bed before 11, and feel victorious when I do. I love sleep, and I'd love more of it, but I get distracted so easily by all the little undone chores, working out, blogging, and don't want to give up the little bit of snuggling on the couch I get with Mr. D. I'll have to make it a priority this week though. Maybe starting small with 11pm would be doable.

PS: Please don't give me health/diet advice when you choose not to utilize it yourself, dear coworker. It makes me want to throw something at you. Just sayin'.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. Water - i think your co-worker is talking nonsense, water is only dangerous when you ingest too much too fast, i.e. when you are drowning or being water-boarded. I too am following allan's water plan and am feeling fantastic for it. I am drinking between 8 and 10 pints (154oz - 192oz) a day and am also still waking up feeling like i'm dehydrated....i wonder why that is?

    Working out early in the day, before going to work etc, is definitely a good idea too...i always aim to get to the gym for 7am and when i come out i feel ready to take on whatever the day can throw at me...i did go to the gym at 3pm recently and it just didn't feel the same - i didn't have as much get-up-and-go at the gym either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you are feeling good you should be fine. You are probably feeling dehydrated because your body is now getting used to this amount of water.

    The mornings will come ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There ain't nothing wrong in drinking the water if you know what you are doing. Personally I'd sick Allan on dear co-worker. She'd knock that shit off real soon.

    Congrats on the faboo loss. That is awesome considering the TOM stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get to the gym in the mornings, I usually have to fit that in after dinner. I'm aiming to squeeze in just something simple at home, like the hand weights, or a yoga/kickboxing thing I found on Comcast. I'm not changing my water intake, coworker can suck it.

    Coworker is just a nosey bat that knows everything, just ask her. I've had coworkers ask me "Should you be eating that?" before, and I swear it makes me want to punch them in the eye. Especially since they're piling the food in question on their plate in heaps. I'll take advice from those that are struggling with this too, but other obese people telling me how to diet while stuffing their faces makes me a bit twitchy.

    Sorry, rant over! ;) I'm sure everyone has run into people like this at some point too. How do you deal with them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on that loss! Totally agree about PMS. Sending you a ton of **HUGS**.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny about the water bottle. I went around and measured how many ounces they actually hold in my stash of them because I had no idea! I go to the gym right after work because I'm not a morning person. I'd love to be one, but have failed so many times trying to get up early to workout. Just put it in your schedule where it works best and get 'er done! :D

    ReplyDelete