Wednesday, November 24, 2010

'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving..

Just a quickie, I've got tons to do for tomorrow!

In preparation for tomorrow, I've stuck to my plan all week despite all the food that has been brought into the office this week. Gooey fudge brownies? Check. Italian? Check. Thanksgiving junk? Check. I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't tempted.. I can't tell you how many times I went to just look at those brownies! Mr. D had lunch with me that day so he and BFF both enjoyed the brownies. I stuck to the lunch I brought because I'm committed to doing whatever I can to offset the damage that may be done tomorrow. I've exercised every day so far, and may be hitting the gym early tomorrow morning for a 5K on the treadmill. Maybe starting the day off with a workout will make sticking to my plan easier.

I don't think my "plan" is much different from anyone else's.. Starting the day off with an omelet and coffee, tons of water, and we're having an early dinner around 2-3 at my parent's house. There will be limited healthy options, so I'm planning one plate at dinner, and one piece of pie. I'll try to take a picture of it just to hold myself accountable. I'm not counting calories/points, but I will be stopping when I'm satisfied. A little intuitive eating practice if you will. One thing I will absolutely not be doing this year is snacking while preparing the food, or waiting for dinner to start. I read that the average cook on Thanksgiving eats almost 1000 calories before ever sitting down for dinner- and it's all in the sampling. Keep that in mind, should someone ask you to taste-test for them!

Most importantly, I'll be getting right back on plan Friday morning. I read that just about everyone is stressed over the holiday, and I get that. Really I do. I spent over half an hour crying in the stairwell at work this afternoon because it's just been a shitty week all around. I was stressed, and my lunch was still under 300 calories, and I didn't snack all afternoon. My calories for the day came in just over 1000. A stressful family gathering is NOT a green light to stuff your face. You are capable of dealing with those emotions without food. So I'm with Allan:



2 comments:

  1. Go you for having such a great attitude. Sucky days happen but it isn't an excuse to stuff our faces. We do have a choice in that.

    I hope you and your family have a great day tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your family did as well!! Sucky days are going to happen all the time, you can't control that but you can control how you react to them. I for one don't want to let the people that stress me out "win" by causing me to stuff my face and gain! Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete