Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekend Water Warriors!

Usually, weekends are a battle for me. I forget to take my vitamin, I forget to drink, and it's harder to stay within my points because we end up eating out or having dinner with friends at some point. Busy and distracted. It's Sunday afternoon, and so far I've done all three all weekend long. Can I get a hell yeah?!

We had dinner with a BFF and her husband Friday night, and I brought my Zumba DVDs along. She and I went to the classes together all summer, so she wanted to see them. Matt, our all-star grilling friend, made BBQ wings on the grill that were just perfect. So perfect I'm making some tonight. After dinner, we popped in Zumba and I did the workout (sorta, as she was pausing and selecting the step breakdowns) while she watched from the couch. Cookies were present, but rather than eat the entire package by myself, I had 2 small ones. I left feeling satisfied, but not full, and very proud of myself.

I've exceeded my water requirements all weekend long, and stayed within my calories (closer to 1200 other than Friday night). The water has really helped curb my appetite immensely, and the bathroom breaks are starting to lessen a little. I weighed for Allan's challenge this morning, and the scale showed I'm down another 2 lbs since Friday morning (that's a total of 4lbs since I started the DDD Challenge earlier last week). I'm not counting it in yet since my official WI is on Friday morning, but there was definitely some dancing in the bathroom this morning!

I've read a lot of posts that are hating on the water lately, and I don't get it. I know everyone is different and may not see results right away, but geez! It obviously works, so be patient just a little longer. It's not like what we were doing before was working any better, so we may as well suck it up and stick to it. Just my two cents.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I'm off to make 187 calorie BLT's for the BFF and I, Zumba to follow :)

3 comments:

  1. Patience is a work in progress for me.

    Congrats on the 4 lb loss. That is amazing since just Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on getting everything in and doing Zumba with your friend!

    Water is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm usually not the most patient person either, I want to see my hard work pay off now! After seeing how successful Allan's plan has been though, I'm trying to just suck it up and wait. I'll see results if I stay on track.

    ReplyDelete