Sunday, December 5, 2010

Attacking December Head On

Oh, how I love Sundays! I weighed in this morning for Allan's Challenge, and can you believe my scale said 208.8?? That's 2.8 lbs down from Friday. I've lost a total of 41.2 so far, and can easily make it 50 before 2011. Starting today, I'll be changing my weigh-in day from Friday to Sunday. We have to weigh for the Challenge Sunday anyway, but more importantly- the day after Christmas is a Sunday. For Thanksgiving, my weekly weigh-in happened to fall on Friday, and knowing I had to face my scale the next day helped keep my eating in check. It worked so well for Thanksgiving that I'm moving my weigh-in for Christmas too.

For anyone that's wavering about joining Phase 3- just do it. It's no secret that I'll be doing the 1200 calorie plan (that's what I've been doing for most of November already) but that doesn't mean you have to limit yourself to 1200 too. Either plan is going to require planning ahead and choosing your foods wisely, which you should be doing on any diet in my experience. Princess Dieter posted several links here for 1200 calorie meal plans (some of them have higher calorie plans too) that have some great suggestions if you're still on the fence about whether you could/should do 1200 calories or an increased amount. Look at the plans- it's still a lot of food, there are still great choices, and a lot of variety. I'm not trying to push anyone into the 1200 calorie plan, just sharing that with anyone that's still on the fence. No matter what you decide, make a plan of attack for December.. Pick something, commit to it, and put it into action now.

I can't speak for anyone else, but December is traditionally a month in which I gain a lot. Not this year--December is going to be my bitch.


11 comments:

  1. You show December who's boss! Smack it around. I know you can do it!

    Awesome job losing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. take that December!! *whip cracking sound*

    I am not going to gain for December... that is my new mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!! Good for you showing December who's Boss! You rock! Great idea changing your weigh-in day. I know that will really help towards keeping you on track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that... December will be my bitch! LOL Keep up the great work. You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like to swear but I LOVE that - December will be my bitch. So true! I'm planning to do the 1200 plan too. I'll be a bit hungry but who cares! I'll live with it!! I'm off to check off that link of meals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! It's a great plan that you have, I have been working on mine too! What an awesome loss! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!! I'm just tired of feeling anxious about Christmas, and especially Christmas Eve given our family traditions. No more worrying, I'm confident and committed. Worrying about it is just giving more power to all the Christmas candy, LOL! Can't have that, can we!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Planning ahead is half the battle. You can do it -- sounds like you are well on your way to a delightful December.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and me both girl. I want to stroll into January 1st and just be coasting along.

    I'm also doing the 1200 cal plan using the menus that Allan provides. I want to see if I can lose 20 lbs in December.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kimberly- we won't be strolling, we'll be strutting by then ;)

    ReplyDelete