Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bathroom Dancing and Green Croc Awesomeness.

I had the apartment completely to myself last night.. Chris was spending the night with his Mimi (my mom) and husband was working until 11. I feel pretty confident in saying most moms are going to be doing cartwheels at the thought of having several hours of peace and quiet to themselves. I actually get a little anxious. No one to cook for, no one to take care of, no one to keep me busy- and that can sometimes lead to binging in front of the tv for me, and I refuse to let that happen. My plan was to drop Chris off (and I may have stayed to play Michael Jackson again- my career as a backup dancer is looking slightly more promising..), swing by the library to pick up a new cookbook for ideas, then grab Subway for dinner since I had almost 600 calories left for the day- more than enough for a turkey on wheat piled high with veggies (no chips for me), hit the gym, and then grocery store. Apparently our library has started closing at 6 (seriously?) so no cookbook. I did stick to the rest of the plan though, and even included a nap in there.

Once I made it to the gym, it was about 10pm. I'd decided to be careful after my shower incident the other day.. Uncoordinated folks should never attempt to stretch in the shower, no matter how much better tight muscles feel with the hot water! I slipped, and the soap thing that protrudes from the shower wall smashed into my lower back leaving me bruised and so sore. I skipped working out Thursday because of it, but couldn't take 2 days in a row. Gym time was a must, but pushing too hard was not. Started with 2.5 miles on the elliptical in 35 minutes. The plan from there was just to get some walking done on the gym- C25K never crossed my mind. At least, not until I got started. Less than 2 minutes in, I opened the app on my phone and started Week 1 Day 2.

Maybe it was the lack of thunderstorms, or the absence of the hill of death, or just being on a treadmill instead of pavement, or the extra 25 seconds break between runs (probably all of the above)- but last night was a little easier than Day 1. It was still difficult obviously, but nothing compared to Day 1.. much less "I'm gonna die" thoughts! And my thighs and hips don't hurt anything like they did before. I wonder if part of it may have to do with pacing myself on the treadmill instead of going all out (admittedly "all out" for me really isn't that awesome) like I do outside. With all that being said, I think I'll stick to the treadmill for my C25K for a while and see how it goes.

Once I left the gym, I was starving! I kept reminding myself that it was not only after dinner, but after 11pm, thus making snacking not an option. Of course, right about then Mr. D calls and asks if I feel like picking him up anything. Although I'm getting a lot better at swinging through a drive-thru to get the boys something and not myself, doing it while I'm starving was just asking for trouble. So I explained that to him, and he said he'd just find something at home. I'm so thankful that he's become a lot more supportive the last 2 months or so. I still swung by the grocery store and got that done, then home and straight to bed. Sorta ;)

Last night's recap: 4.5 miles at the gym (chipping away at my Dec GTD Challenge), no snacking, and definitely no binging in front of the tv. I weighed this morning, like I do most mornings, and I was under 210. Um, what? It said I was down 2 lbs from yesterday to be exact! Obviously I can't count it until weigh-in day, but I still danced in that bathroom. I love my weekend weight so much better than weekday mornings.

For Allan's challenge, my weight was predicted to be between 203-208 on December 8. Just a few days left, but I'm doing everything I can to make that a reality. I'm signed up for Phase 3 already, and although I've been sticking to 1200 calories already, I'm excited to see the menu's. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of seafood so I may not use everything suggested, but anything I can take from them to help me meet my goal faster I'm so very thankful for!

Oh!! On another happy note, I ordered a momAgenda this week and it's already in Knoxville! These things are the best agendas that ever lived, and they make them for moms and non-moms alike. I buy an agenda every year, but it's wasted money because I never use them. There's not enough room to keep up with everything, so what's the point? These things have so much room, you can order pockets for the inside separately, and mine is green. What more could you ask for? I got mine at 25% off this week and it looks like the discount is still going if anyone is interested!

6 comments:

  1. Love the planner. Will they work for "dog Moms" too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havent seen any fish yet in 20 pages of menus.. Who knew ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really?! I just assumed since you eat a lot of it that there would be plenty, haha! Now I'm even more psyched to see them! Sticking to 1200 has been pretty easy so far, just have to plan ahead and avoid the snacking by chugging the water. Dinner's over and I still have about 500 left for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work not going crazy by yourself and that's great about Mr.D understanding!

    Great idea with the planner, it's hard to keep track of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing AWESOME!!! Keep up the great work and stay focused!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks BWB and Joy!! We're going to own December :)

    ReplyDelete