Wednesday, January 12, 2011

203

Finally remembered to bring my scale home from work last night so I could weigh-in. It's later in the week than usual, but I still wanted to see where I was after being stuck between 205-206 for a few weeks. The results??

203!!!

First, this is my lowest ever in years! I'm no longer letting the proximity to 199 get to me, but I have a feeling I will see it before the end of January. Second, it's confirmation that I made the right choice for me concerning Phase 4, and following Dr. H and BFF's suggestions to "shake it up." Increasing my calories for a "treat meal" was, admittedly, a little scary after following 1200 calories religiously since November. Letting go (a little) and relaxing seems to have helped my body let go and relax too resulting in a 2.8 lb loss two days before I should start my TOM. Suck it, hormones.




I downloaded the My Fitness Pal app for the iPhone yesterday, and I love it so far. I've been playing with apps for calorie tracking this week, and I'll be sticking with this one. It's easier to use than the others I've tried. Ironically, it set my daily calories at 1200! But then, when I came in only 28 calories under, it said I was eating too little. Picky, picky.. My username is cdurrell85 if anyone else uses it and would like to send a friend request.

In other news, I received an award from Patrick at Responsibility 199- thank you so much!! I can't (or don't know how to) link things on my phone, so I'll be posting that later tonight! Thank you again, Patrick!!

Oh, and Mr. D has decided to start blogging! He's not planning to do any weight-loss blogging (that I'm aware of), but thought I'd share that with you guys:

www.fromthedeskofd.blogspot.com

And since I'm talking about husband anyway, he was a whole lot of awesome last night. With TOM looming, and me having the serious munchies, he started to bake cookies last night while we were watching BL11 (is anyone else getting annoyed at the minimal airtime of the unknowns?). I MAY have made a face and whined a little about how tempting that was going to be for me, but also said I didn't want to be unfair and ask him who is NOT obese to not have something he wanted just because I'm on a diet. You know what he did? Popped some light popcorn for us to share instead. He does that kind of thing a lot now, so I try not to begrudge him when he wants stuff like TJ's. So yes, Mr. D- I notice and I appreciate it more than you know.

Before it gets too mushy.. I did my second strength day last night, and my butt is sore. That's all. Just didn't want to end on a mushy note ;)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting to 203!!! WOO HOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to get that scale moving! I'm on myfitnesspal too and will friend you. I really just use it for tracking food and calories and not the community part but I do like new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on that loss, hon! And congrats on the award too. So proud of you! I CAN'T WAIT to see that number on the scale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how close you are won Onederland. You might hit that in a week, even! How exciting! Think how hottie hot you can be by Valentine's Day!


    I like that iPhone thingie. I'm gonna get an iPhone, and wanted to ask: How to do you get the pic on the blog? Is it easy?

    Oh, thanks so much for the comment on my blog. I said I'd give it another week, and there are days to go. I guess by Sunday, I'll decide. I don't want to have weird thoughts and maybe I"m just not one of those people who does well with inflexibility...in fact, I had bought Jackie's book, and her diet is not the least inflexible..there are treat meals and recipes (that look num). So, if I do drop--not a certainty at this point--I think I might try Jackie's method. It would be husband-friendly (ie, we could eat out again)... :)

    Here's to wonderful, supportive hubbies. They's da best.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really nice!

    Congrats on the loss! That is great that your body is responding to the shake up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great guy you've got there.

    And I'm so glad that you're irritated that the unknown trainers and groups are virtually unknown. I'm over that part already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just posted an award for you over at my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, 203 is Awesome! You're going to blow 199 out of the park and soon. Great husband you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WTG! That is awesome news. I guess you did make the right choice for you.

    And my thoughts on BL are the same. Are we supposed to care about the Unknowns in a couple of weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go, Mr. D keeping Mrs. D. happy. What a sweetie. It always helps to get a little encouragement from the hubs. You are doing great. I think it's a good think to shake it up a bit. It keeps the ol' body off guard. I'm sure I'll be doing more than one or two shake-ups on my journey. Go Mrs. D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone! Onederland, here I come (as a permanent resident too).

    Princess- That part is easy (if you get one, I'll teach you how to take pics of the screen). And I have an app for blogger, and it's really easy to use.

    Thank you Kelly!!!

    BL Unknowns.. Idk, but all this secrecy and Ranch vs Unknowns is making me like them less without really knowing anything about them. It's driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My pleasure to honor you, enjoy your blog & take on health. Hey a sore butt from your own efforts to get healthy, that's a good kind of sore!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on 203 -- that's fantastic! YAAAAY!!!

    It sounds like you've got a fantastic and supportive hubby in Mr. D - what a difference that makes! And the picture of the two of you is adorable -- you look like you were made for each other! :)

    Congratulations on your two awards! BRAVO!!! Well deserved! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Before it gets too mushy.. I did my second strength day last night, and my butt is sore. That's all. Just didn't want to end on a mushy note ;)"
    That one paragraph has convinced me I should be following your blog from now on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks ALS! We compliment each other well, usually.

    And hello Genevieve! Mr. D will tell you, I'm definitely the guy in our relationship when it comes to all the mushy stuff! He's the cuddly one :)

    ReplyDelete