Monday, January 17, 2011

206.2

Yesterday should have been weigh-in, so why no post from me? Because it was awful, and I had every intention of just skipping it this week. The plan was to take a few days to get my head back in the game, get focused, and get it back off without ever talking about it. Obviously, I fessed up to my accountability partner and BFF, but why hash it out again on my blog?

Because if I don't, what's the point in keeping this blog?

So, here it is.. The post where I tell you I fell flat on my face this weekend. According to the scale, I gained 3.2 lbs between Friday and Monday morning. Now, I did not eat anywhere near the 10,500 calories needed to add over 3 lbs of fat, but I did go over on date night (1875) and again Sunday night (1683). Two meals, both loaded with sodium, combined with not enough water, my TOM and voilà! A gain. A very significant gain. I exercised and ate right all week, and here I am again- 206 is exactly where I got stuck at in December.

When I stepped on the scale this morning and saw that number, I cried. I had gotten up early because yesterday I bought a kettle bell and Bob Harper's DVD to go with it, and wanted to get my workout in early. Instead, I thought "well, screw it then," and went straight back to bed. I cannot tell you just how awful my mood has been for most of the weekend, and how tempting it was right then to just throw in the towel. Thoughts like "I'm never going to see 199 at this rate anyway" crept in, and, well you know where I'm going with this I guess.

I woke up late, and was already late for work, but I decided to make breakfast (screw it, I'm already late, right?). I had my coffee, a poached egg, half a light English muffin, a Clementine, and a glass of light soy milk. Time to practice what I preach (er, comment?). My head is still full of negative thoughts, but that won't stop me from at least going through the motions until I get my focus back. Once I realized I wasn't quitting, I realized how much easier it was to focus while I was still part of Allan's challenge. After emailing back and forth with him this morning, I'm back in Phase 4. For the most part, I never quit following it though I did allow myself more flexibility (which worked for all of a week, btw). I tried it my way for 2 weeks, and we all see how well THAT worked out!

So, here's to kissing 206 goodbye permanently!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

16 comments:

  1. Yep, it's not real weight gained, but it sure hurts all the same. Don't give up, and put it behind you, that's what I'm trying to do today. Time to get back on track and forget about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, stick to plan, and your gain next week will be great. Water weight is a cruel bitch, and TOM-well that is the biggest bitch of them all. So trust the process (barf I hate that cliche), and stick with the journey!


    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I am in your same boat. weirdly I work up this morning and the scale said 206.2. Exactly that. Again. And I felt all weird and bereft and decided to read others' blogs and voila, here you are. Thank you for writing and being real here. It's a comfort to me. I will be following your blog with interest.
    Yours,
    GP

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do this, it's just a blip - you have come SO far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gave you an award on my blog Mrs. D ;-) I am posting the details tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. You WILL reach 199 pounds! You've done the best thing by admitting what went wrong and moving forward, and THAT takes courage, my friend. You're sooooo close and I just KNOW you're going to get below 200 pounds in no time. *Hugs* to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever works for you, Mrs. D. I'm here to cheer you on. I went through that undecided which program should I choose stage awhile back and it's more stressful than actually dieting. Remember, eating healthy is for life. So you screw up at one meal...get back on board right away, back to your usual plan. I so feel for you ((hugs)) This is where it really counts though. Do not quit. You are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep it up and those pounds will come off in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you know where you stand and why the number is as it is. Sooo now consider this, is that what you will weigh on this day next month? No you say; why is that? Because you know what you need to do to lose the weight AND you are going to do it? Well then, seems like it is time go look ahead and let go of this day. Sorry for having put your words in this conversation in for you, but I think that's what you would have said anyhow, no?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for the happy thoughts and support- can't tell you all how much I appreciated it today!!! I've been right on track all day (even with Mr. D baking cookies right now- I think he wants me to kill him). I'm about to hit this kettle bell, and git r' done!

    And welcome, GP!! Nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know how upsetting the scale can be, but don't sweat it, it's done and over. You'll be under 200 lbs soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Mrs. D., I know how frustrating that is! But you yourself said that you had a lot of sodium, it's TOM, and you didn't have enough water to get the sodium out of your system. I know how hard that is to keep in mind, though, when you're looking at that number on the scale... ;P Next week will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had quite a lot working against you this week, so don't let it get you down. Think of it this way - that's done and over, and now you're on to a new week, a better week, where you can focus on taking all of your negative thoughts and turn them into positive energy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love when the cuties come back !!! Happy to hear from you, and look at all the fans you have !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, thank you Allan!! :D

    I'm hoping it will come right back off, but I'm not going to check the scale again until the weekend.. The little bit of strength training I've added (Omg kettlebell) may be enough to mess with the numbers, and I'm not going to knowingly freak myself out again, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First, you will see 199...I just know it! Keep strong and keep going! I think the hardest part is "coming clean." But when you do that and realize the world didn't stop, somehow it makes it easier to not have the world stop for you either.

    Also, you HAVE to let me know how you like Bob's DVD. I almost bought that one...and am definitely interested. How long is it and how did you like the first work out?

    ReplyDelete