Saturday, January 22, 2011

The art of running with boobs and tree stumps.

I apologize for the full-on bitch session earlier. I'm avoiding the medicine this weekend because even Mr. D has noticed I tend to care a lot less about staying on plan once I take it. Eventually I'll get the hang of it. Until then, thank you for putting up with me! :)

I did hit the treadmill today when I picked up Chris from my parent's house, and timed my first mile, which is something I've never really done before- 15:48. I have no idea where that ranks, and honestly couldn't care less. I'm competing against no one, aside from fat-me, and that's mostly a mental war over whether to push myself harder or just get by with the minimum. Some days when I do cardio, I get on and just go for whatever time I set as my goal for the day. Other days, like today, I set my goal for 30 minutes.. and less than 5 minutes in, I decide to push just to see. I started wondering if I could do some running intervals, mostly to see if I could. I haven't tried any running since I pulled that muscle in December (or whatever it was), but want to get back to it. So I did, and noted what time I hit my first mile at and kept going until I hit 2 miles around 30 minutes. Yes, I'm slow- I blame genetics for my short legs, or more accurately, tree stumps. I got my 30 minutes in, as planned, but didn't get off. I did an extra mile, continuing the running intervals although they did slow a bit. I felt really good afterwards for pushing myself.

Happy to report no knee, ankle, or leg pain of any sort, although I did have some hip pain (I was going to describe it as where my leg meets groin- but google is calling it hip pain, so...) which let up a lot after stretching. Aside from that- pain free! Even my chest caused no issue today- thank you, new sports bra! I'm sorry, but running with DD's takes skill. And conquering it totally makes up for the tree-stumps for legs thing because I can run and keep the awesome boobs.

That's all I've got for today.. Looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow- calories, water, and exercise has been on target since rejoining Phase 4!

9 comments:

  1. Ah, the joys of running with large chesticles... :P I'll be SO glad when I can fit back in to easily accessible sports bras again. *Sigh*

    Yay for being mostly pain free! And good for you for pushing yourself - way to go! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your workout was great. I don't compete against anyone but myself. I like to push myself and I'm surprised by what I can do most the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, running with boobs can be very interesting! It's great that you have conquered it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love sports bras, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol. My sister has ginormous boobies so I've seen the discomfort that causes. I have B/C's so it's not a big deal... but I do often take a beating from my ginormous belly! lol. Glad the sports bra seemed to help! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job for pushing yourself a little harder. I'm working on that with my running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new sports bra really did make all the difference! And maybe it's just my imagination- but I thought I could breathe a little easier too :)

    Black Kat- I have that same issue! My workout pants aren't too stretchy in that area and it really helps, much like the new sports bra. Cotton bras and workout pants are bad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boobs, legs, whatever... just move & keep moving no matter what you have to do to accomodate your bodies 'aspects'. Keep pushing yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job pushing yourself! You are getting stronger!:-)

    ReplyDelete