Monday, January 24, 2011

Pre-tracking?

Sent my weigh-in to Allan yesterday- 205.4 (205 since he rounds). Finally moving away from 206 in the right direction! Only a .8 loss for the week, but I'll take it.

Dinner for the entire week is planned and on the kitchen white board as usual, but I've gotten a bit lazy about planning breakfast and lunch ahead of time lately. Since the foods in Phase 4 are mostly very fresh, that's not going to work. Waiting until morning to pack a lunch for work usually leads to grabbing a lean cuisine too often. Last week I had soups I'd made ahead, so that kept me from reaching for the pre-packaged meals, and I take fruit for snacks now so none of that was pre-packaged either. This week, my goal is to have lunch packed the night before, and any prep work for breakfast done that I can do the night before too. Mornings are just a rush for us, and if I plan to be successful, planning ahead is necessary. I bought no new lean cuisines this weekend- I don't even want them in the freezer to fall back on. Planning all the meals the night before means I can also pre-track my calories, and I like that!

We have my youngest brother staying with us a few days this week, and it's been a little eye-opening. I've always known I'm a type A person.. But wow! Having someone else, even someone I grew up with, in my space that doesn't know how we roll here is making me twitchy. "Hi, my name is Cheryl, and I am SUCH a control freak!" Doesn't help that Mr. D is slacking on his to-do list, which I happen to be at the top of, because we have a guest on the couch.

I guess that means I have more time to plan tomorrow, right?!

This blows.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

  1. I can't pre-plan much (some, in general) cause I try to eat with some sort of "What do I really, really feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel like that fits my plan?" in mind. I may think I want chicken tomorrow, but then I find, no, I want vegetarian (tofu or lowfat cheese=ish stuff). Or a particular texture or spicing, like....Persian or Lebanese or Cuban.

    So, I buy the basic plan stuff, but then wait to see what my mouth wants and then spice or cook accordingly.

    It's not as convenient, but for me to feel satisfied, I go that route. Plus, I am not organized, snarf. :D

    I think within one's own domain, we women tend to be control freaks. Our house, our rules, our habits...our control. I'm an anal expulsive (not retentive) about a whole host of things, and I can put up with a lot in different situations, but what goes on in MY HOUSE>>>>>>oh, yeah, control freak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea on planning, it helps doesn't it! We DO keep a few lean cuisines (flatbreads are my favorite) to fall back on but I haven't had one in a long time. I bought some at the beginning of the year when they went on sale. If I don't plan, I get in big trouble as far as calories. I am pretty much a control freak too and even though I don't THINK I am, I've been told that I am, big time. Oh well, what to do! :-) Nice on the weight loss, lets hope for some big numbers next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you are planning ahead!

    Too bad about having your brother around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with planning ahead if you can!! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what Allan's challenge says about food, but I came across an awesome recipe for breakfast. It's called Spring Chicken Cups.
    • Three whole eggs + 1 cup of egg whites (four eggs) + 1/3 cup milk + 2 tsp mustard
    • Onions, leeks, garlic, and spinach sauteed in a tablespoon of butter
    • Two tablespoons chopped chives and parsley
    • Salt and pepper
    • 1/2 cup goat cheese

    I've revamped my to fit weight watchers, but they were excellent! I find that if I make my lunch/breakfast the night before that I stay on plan more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mrs. Cheryl D! I think that's the first time I have heard your first name. You know what, I think that people who are anxious are usually control freaks to some extent (self-preservation). Once I got my anxiety under control (and as I aged) my desire to control has subsided (unless it's my hubby, of course - lol). Glad your weight is showing a downward trend and you sound like you are planning for success. I'm looking forward to seeing great success coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent idea using a white board for dinner planning. Congrats on the loss! You mood sounds positive, thus you are pointed in the right direction for the new week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Princess- I know exactly what you mean! I try to have at least 1-2 meals that don't really require any prep work on hand for days I don't want what I planned- like a chef salad or mexi-tato's this week. Sometimes the menu and the taste buds just aren't in agreement!

    Debbi- I kept a few, and I'll probably continue to do that for those days when things come up.. always healthier than a drive-thru! My favorites are the steamer bags :)

    FM- That sounds good, and you know how I love my eggs!! I've actually got some turkey, peppers, onions, and garlic sauteed for an omelet in the morning. Never thought about throwing mustard in, I usually use a little fat free cream cheese or some red pepper. Mmmmm omelets!

    Darla- Oh no, I've broken my blogger anonymity! ;) I think you're right about the anxiety-control correlation big time. My son and I have to stick to a routine during the week between his ADHD and my ADD or we're useless! The days when something comes up and we have to deviate, I get cranky a lot more easily. I love my brother, but his "visit" (my parents booted him out for the weekend and weren't sure he was allowed back) has left me a little frustrated since it's messing with our routine. Oh well, one more day left!

    Patrick- Thanks!! I'm trying not to be a "I think it's piss" person! ;) Tomorrow's agenda has an hour of Zumba and some time at the gym- woohoo, bring on the sweat!!

    ReplyDelete