Tuesday, February 15, 2011

203.6

Sorry I've been a little quiet the last few days-- I've got over 200 unread blogs in my reader right now and just haven't had the time to sit down and catch up, but I'm working on it! Just a quick update..

Sunday's weigh in was down 1.2 lbs- 203.6 after my Valentine's dinner with Mr. D the night before. I didn't count calories Saturday between Jackson's (Steph and Matt's son) first birthday, and our Valentine's Day night out. I was responsible without being obsessive, and had a loss the next morning. It was a nice change to actually enjoy our date rather than worrying about every single bite and how it would affect the scale. Focused but flexible, it's working so far.

Between Thursday evening and this morning, there has been a lot of bullshit (sorry, there's no better word to describe it) between my brother and his son's mother beginning with her taking off with their son and ending with him in jail this morning for something he never did to ensure he has trouble getting joint custody. The charges are entirely false, and he'll be out tomorrow at the latest, but this is just the beginning. I'd convinced my brother that keeping this between them rather than involving the court was the best thing for their son (having done it both ways with my own son), but there's no way around it now, and it just plain sucks. On one hand, I hurt for my brother right now. I can't imagine what it would be like to need a judge's approval before seeing my child. On the other hand, witnessing this has made me so grateful that my son's father and I were able to work things out on our own. Ironically, his dad is a cop here and was able to help us breathe a little easier over the arrest and what's going to come of it.

Needless to say, the last few days have been a little chaotic.

6 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you, Mrs. D, and wondering how you've been...today, in fact. Looks like the weight loss is going well. I can't believe the other crap that's going on. Who needs that? Totally crazy when adults act insane. Hope everything gets sorted out and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see an update from you! I'm glad things are going well health wise - congrats on the loss!

    And how heartbraking about your brother's situation. It's tragic when people care more about hating someone than they do about what's best for their children. (((hugs))) I wish you and your family strength to get through this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's astonishing to me, continually, how people who once loved each other enough to create a new life turn into enemies. I'm really sorry this is going on...the stress, especially for your brother, must be off the chart. I pray that God will let sanity and harmony reign and everyone can act like adults and the judge/whoever is deciding stuff sees through lies and makes a fair judgment. And God triply bless the child in the middle.

    Nice to see your loss. I find that eating out (a necessity for us lovebirds) is easy if I drink a lot of water and decaf before the entree arrives, ignore or ask them to take back the bread/rolls, and just avoid starches and enjoy the protein/veggies... and cut out my portion (even if it's just separating it on the plate into areas) and ask for a doggie bag. It's become second nature now. Sit, drink water, ask for coffee, peruse menu while waiting for liquids, choose something that looks tasty and get a veggie sub for the starch. Or just stick with a tasty salad with protein option and then it's a no brainer.

    I'm not afraid of eating out like I used to be since Allan got us hooked on the liquids. ; )

    Be well....hope things turn out very well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! It's awesome that you can take a few days off from counting and still have a loss, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the loss! I am so happy you were able to truly enjoy your Saturday!

    I hope everything works out for your brother - what a terrible mess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on that loss, hon! I'm SO sorry about the family drama though. *Hugs* Sending a ton of positive thoughts and prayers to your brother. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete