Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Something good CAN come of losing frontierville time..

Well, shit.

Suffice it to say, I am not cut out for the no-carb thing. Say what you will about the lack of will power, but no. Not for me. I tried Atkins once upon a time with my mother and couldn't do it then. I tried it again on a much more strict diet and barely made it 3 days. I was shaky, dizzy, nauseated, and feeling quite slug-like. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to work it's magic, but I could care less honestly. I felt awful! There are several things I'll be continuing though- the green tea at most meals, limiting my carbs, and will still be adding in all the fish (which I still haven't made yet). I still think I need to cut down on my carbs, but cold turkey just may not work for me. My dad, however, has lost 5 lbs since Saturday (he skipped the no-carb cycle and just started with the natural starches and whole grains)! Amazing what can happen when you stop eating a whole bag of hershey kisses every night, eh? :) My dad works for Herhsey's, by the way, and I don't think anyone would be shocked to hear that a lot of the men he works with have diabetes. He was well on his way, so I really hope he can stick with this!

So.

What now?

Last night I was still drawing a blank. I've been plan-hopping for a while now.

Today we had a memo go around about not using the work computers for anything but work. No more frontierville at lunch for me ;) Instead, I played around on my iPhone and behold! The app I used to track WW points before they changed to Points Plus has finally updated! I stopped doing Weight Watchers in November because I wouldn't be able to track and didn't want to start paying for the online version. Now that my app is updated for the new program- I can use it again, which is exactly what I did today. On the new program, I get 31 points and had 4 left today. I stuck with WW for months, and did really well on it when I was doing it by the book.

Seems like a no-brainer to me?!

6 comments:

  1. You should have told me that you wanted the app. I've had it on my phone for awhile. Along with WW, I've been using My Daily Plate. It has a ton of food loaded in their database to find nutritional info. Helps when you need to calculate Points.

    By the way, I couldn't do the no carb thing either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the new plan, I think it promotes healthier eating (for me). Good luck! I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need body for life!!! check out my post on it: http://www.ourdebtblog.com/2011/02/this-is-who-i-am-well-new-me.html

    Try a 12 week challenge, I will even send you a copy of the book.

    The reason Atkins is hard is because you take away carbs which are essential energy so your brain reacts and wants to fuel the body...

    Good luck

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Baby Weight and Beyond- it really does help you make smarter food decisions and to just think about food differently. I've been doing the new program since Jan and I really like it. I recommend it to everyone who asks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've come full circle, Mrs. D. I was doing what you were as well, jumping around, trying to find what works for me.

    I personally like WW because, as it's been said, it's all about healthy choices. This is for life and WW can get you through life. Eliminating Carbs or this or that...usually doesn't work in the long run (for most people, that is).

    Like you said, when you were doing it by the book you did well - so weigh and measure, write everything down (even if it's over your Points), plan ahead and you'll do great. I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should go with WW, too. But whatever works for you! Focusing on getting healthier is the biggest thing. But diets with deprivation NEVER work- and if they do work at all, it's short term at best. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete