Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Keeping this short because SOMEONE is cooking corn dogs.

Someone cyber slap me if this happens tomorrow too, but exercise didn't make it in today. My work schedule changed when school started, so I'm going in at 6:45 and getting off at 3 so I can pick my son up from school. As I was heading out the door this morning, he decides to tell me that tonight is "meet the teacher night" at school. Had he not left his binder at school the day before, I would've known that. So my afternoon plans got all jumbled (had to leave him with my mom since kids aren't supposed to come), and we didn't get home until well after his bedtime. I'd like to know who thought scheduling a parent-teacher night from 6-8 on a school night was a good idea.. Third grade is going to take some adjusting for all of us. There's a significant difference in the homework load (we worked on it from 4 until I had to leave, and he still wasn't done!), and they're moving at a much faster pace. His teachers (yes, plural- team teaching starts this year for us since we're in an optional school) seem great, so I'm optimistic.

Food/water were great today. I added the flaxseed to oatmeal this morning, but was nauseated before breakfast, so who knows if that made a difference. Mr. D suggested it may be the prenatal vitamins and flaxseed combined since both contain iron. I'm anemic and have always been sensitive to iron supplements, so that's possible!

Husband just got home from work and is heating up corn dogs and fries rather than the chicken and salad I had ready.. so I'll be heading to bed now! No need to test the little bit of self control I've regained so far!

Also, if someone wants to stab Mr. D with the stick from his corn dog, that's cool with me. He deserves it. He just had his physical at my office, and his triglycerides were high. I definitely won't be letting those back in the house again.

3 comments:

  1. Then it is good he is eating them all up! Sometimes it is just best to get away from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New schedules or changes of season can be hard. Seems you get used to one schedule and something is changing all the time. For me, I do what I can. Most weeks I get the majority of things done and some weeks I sink it up all over the place. The point for me is....I keep at it...keep working my plan and most importantly...I never think about quitting or waiting til Monday. I just refocus every day.

    Been wanting to try flax seed. I keep forgetting to pick it up at the store.

    Corn dogs.....yikes!

    Have a great day and stay focused!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My schedule will be changing next week-- I know it takes a while to get used to a new schedule. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete