Monday, August 15, 2011

Three days in and exercise has been consistent. I made it to the gym tonight, but didn't stay quite an hour. 30 minutes on the elliptical, and 15 minutes on the treadmill when I got extremely dizzy and icky. Falling or getting sick in the middle of the gym both sounded equally unpleasant, so I left. Had to sit in the car for a bit before I could drive home. I still don't know what caused it, but my stomach's been iffy all day.

Which leads me to my question.. Does anyone else use flaxseed? I bought ground flaxseed for the first time (thank you, in-laws), and added it to my green monster this morning. Halfway through my smoothie, and I was begging it to stay down. I used 1 tbsp, maybe that was too much? I hadn't heard anything about easing into it, but who knows.

5 comments:

  1. Happy to see you back! I finally came back after my hiatus where I gained too. It's only been a couple of weeks and I'm stalling. Need to play with the formula a bit I suppose. I haven't added flaxseed to anything so can't help you there. What's with the dizzy? Are you drinking enough water? Great job on the workouts! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see you back! I know flax seed makes me have to poop....Maybe try a little less tomorrow and see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It used to upset my stomach so I quite using the seeds, will still occasionally pop the oil in capsules. Since I decreased my intake of Omega 6, I'm less concerned about not being able to eat salmon/take krill or fish oil or even omega.

    Eat salmon. Eat grass fed beef. Has omega 3 and CLA, and probably won't upset your tummy like supplements.

    Feel better...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started putting ground flaxseed into my banana bread recipe. I haven't noticed any ill side effects from it. I'm very new to flaxseed so I'm not much help :-)

    Just wanted to say... I'm glad you're back. I missed you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better. I use flax seeds but have never noticed any stomach problems.

    ReplyDelete