Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weigh in!

It's Sunday, which is scale day for me now. Weigh in showed a 1.6 lb loss.

I was hoping for more, but when am I not?

Mr. D and I are both pretty sore this morning.. like lifting-my-arms-to-dry-my-hair-makes-me-wanna-say-bad-words kind of sore. Last night I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes with the weights, and 15 minutes on the bike. I basically just walked around trying new machines that husband hadn't gotten around to showing me earlier this week. And I've gotta say.. some of those machines are just a wee bit obscene! Some look like medieval torture devices (which is bad enough), but some look like they could be found in my OBGYN's office! Thankfully, the gym was all but dead when I went last night, so my embarrassment was limited to a handful of witnesses. The ab machine that you kneel and spin on was probably the most entertaining for them ;)

Ideally, I'd fly my husband's best friend in from Boston to coach me. He loved Memphis (well, Beale Street anyway) when he was here for the wedding, so offering a home and cooking for him in exchange for being my personal trainer-- that's a good deal, right?! Heh.

My gym offers unlimited "smart training" apparently, so I'll be checking into that this week. Will keep y'all posted on my bug-scaring muscles progress!

6 comments:

  1. Everyone wants those big numbers on weigh in day! Don't minimize that 1.6 loss....it's still awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the loss this week and the fabulous workout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous loss!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as I'm consistently seeing 1-2 lbs a week, I won't complain :) More is better, but progress is all I care about at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the loss! I hope that training works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your loss this week, I agree with everyone be proud of 1.6 that is great!

    ReplyDelete