Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weigh in

First, let's get the ugly part out of the way. I weighed in at 223.2 on Sunday. That's a gain of 1.2 lbs for the week. It didn't make sense to me, and I doubt the soy sauce in the stir-fry the night before can account for all of it. I know I didn't get to the gym enough during the week, and our weekend was nuts. Working Saturday meant all the errands got bumped to Sunday along with church and time at the pool and park. I'm having trouble finding time getting to the gym at night.. going right after dinner means missing time with kid, and going after he's in bed means missing time with Mr. D, and I'm exhausted by then. I've thought about trying to do them in the morning, but I already get up at 5am. Ick. I'll figure something out.

Moving on..

I started the morning off with coffee and peppermint mocha creamer. It's my favorite :))

For breakfast, kid and I made blueberry banana pancakes. He loves helping me cook, but rarely likes what we make.. heh. My future daughter (or son, I'm open minded!)-in-law can thank me for teaching him later. Mr. D and I thought they were awesome, despite what kid says.


Morning snack was yogurt, which was perfect for my sweet tooth. I've noticed just in the last few days that I'm not craving sweets like I was just a week ago. I know it's from staying away from diet dr. pepper and junky sweet stuff, and plan to continue that. I like my diet dr. peppers on occasion, but I was having them way too often over the summer.


Lunch, which I almost forgot to take a picture of, was a bbq chicken wrap with lettuce and tomato and a white peach. It's beginning to get harder to find good white peaches :(

Dinner was pecan crusted chicken (which we lurved and have added to our regulars), sweet potatoes, and green beans. Chris helped me cook (again), and I wish I'd had my camera when he found out his favorite green beans have pickle juice in them! It. Was. Priceless.


3 comments:

  1. Pickle juice in green beans? Umm you must share the recipe. It's always hard to find time for the gym. It's a fine balance between spending time with your family (son and Mr D) and making yourself healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pickle juice is good in just about everything!

    It is so hard to find time to workout but I have decided a little time away from the little one in the evening is going to be good for both of us in the long run. I have found a gym where the workout is intense and it is only 30 minutes =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peppermint Mocha is our favorite!!!! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete