Saturday, September 24, 2011

Girls Night Out!

So girl's night out.. We did make it to the gym after pizza last night (I had a huge salad and 4 pieces of pizza- 4 sounds like a lot, but they're the size of those Tostino's pizzas). The gym almost didn't happen, for bff anyway, because she tried everything in the world to get out of it. I'm still not sure why she signed up ;) I felt good about our girl's night out because we still had a blast, but I didn't ruin all my hard work from the week. We spent an hour at the gym, and omg, I hurt so bad I had trouble sleeping. I don't sleep well as it is some nights because I'm uber restless, but dear baby Jesus, every time I moved it woke me up. That's a bunch of bull!

Memphis weather was awesome today, so we had a picnic at the park and planned a walk. Unfortunately, our local weather man was wrong about the no rain thing, and it started raining about 5 minutes after we finished eating. Guess no walk!

Obviously, today turned into a rest day. My legs needed it. I still want to do the 30 Day Shred for the entire 30 days, but I'm settling for every other day for a week first.

My kiddo is with his dad this weekend, and Mr. D worked all weekend long, so I pretty much hung out with bff and her family all day. Her husband (Mr. D's bff) made me salmon! I mentioned wanting to try making it, so we all loaded up and headed to the store to get some. He kept it simple, and pan-fried it (he suggested grilling instead but his tank was empty) in a tsp of olive oil with carribean jerk seasoning. I actually liked it :))

Tomorrow.. please pray for my diet. Taking the kiddo to a birthday at Incredible Pizza. For those not familiar with it, it's like Chuck E Cheese for big kids with a buffet of everything kids love- pizza, tacos, pastas and junk in general. I think there's a salad bar, but that's the only healthy option.

Honestly, most of that doesn't even sound good. Workout is planned early in the morning, the pain in my legs should be an amazing reminder not to eat junk!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the working out. And good luck at the junk food heaven buffet. You don't need any of that!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I did fine, it wasn't all that tempting honestly. I stuck with a salad, a baked potato and some cantaloupe.

    ReplyDelete