Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Gym Buddies

So far, so good this week! No temptations really, other than wanting to eat from frustration occasionally. Zumba was cancelled tonight because our instructor was sick, so bff and I went to the gym together instead of taking the night off since things didn't go according to plan. I'm working on being more flexible when things don't work out.

Monday started with coffee and cinnamon dolce creamer.

I got up and made Mr. D and my brother breakfast before they left for work, but waited to eat until kid got up so we could have breakfast together. We don't get to eat together most of the time during the week, so we took advantage of Labor Day. I had a poached egg on toast with clementines and half a glass of skim milk.


Lunch was a bbq chicken (deli meat) sandwich with lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, and light cheese. I added carrots with ranch spritzer.


Dinner was baked skinless bbq chicken with mixed veggies. It wasn't ribs and potato salad, but it was good enough for me.


Tuesday, breakfast was a bagel thin with strawberry cream cheese, coffee with peppermint mocha creamer, and a green monster smoothie made with skim milk, spinach, strawberries, and banana.


I had a morning snack of grapes and a light cheese stick.


Lunch was a salad with grilled chicken and ranch dressing, and potato salad. I used regular ranch because my spritzer got left behind in my fridge at home :(


Dinner was sausage spaghetti pie, though it wasn't very pie-ish because I forgot to mix the egg whites in with the noodles. Apparently, the egg whites are the difference between noodley and crusty. It was still delish, just not very pretty! And before you freak over the name, it's from the Taste of Home diet cookbook.


Post workout, I had a small glass of chocolate milk. I still don't know if it actually does anything, but I'm not going to risk being sore in the morning just to test the theory ;)

Off to a shower and bed!!

2 comments:

  1. It's alittle scary that BFF wants to eat junk before or after a work out. At the same time it is awesomeness that you don't go with her. I'm sure that my fat ass would be running into Wendy's with her.

    I understand the motivation part of working out with a partner. When hubby and I went to the gym together I would always put in extra effort to prove (to myself) that I was just as good. It also decreased the want to jump off the tredmill as soon as my legs started to hurt.

    The spaghetti pie looks amazingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was actually really easy to say no to junk before the gym.. I KNOW I'd get sick if I ate that kind of greasy nastiness before sweating it up.

    The spaghetti pie is awesome, even if it looks like a mess since I forgot an ingredient! I'll post the recipe link on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete