Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hello, hormones. And canned pumpkin.

I'm going to vent a moment. I've been cranky the last 24 hours, and I think it's a combination of hormones (tom is visiting soon I think), lack of sleep, and people being stupid.

This is week 2 for our BL contest at work, and I'm sort of regretting it already. It's the third time we've done this, and the first round was great. Second round was not. People were skipping weigh-ins since they knew they were going to gain (and pay in to the pot). Some just happened to be absent from work on Friday, but a few just flat out said they weren't weighing because they didn't want to weigh-in. Eventually, most of us dropped out (myself included) because it just wasn't fun like that. When boss friend asked if we could do a third round, I wasn't sure I wanted to. A bunch of coworkers were excited about it though, so we did. AFTER adding some new rules in. Apparently, I was not the only one a little frustrated over how the last round went. One rule that a few people demanded: No skipping weigh-ins! If you skip one, you're out of the game. If you're sick, you have to weigh-in the first day you're back. Period.

Technically, no one is asking to skip a weigh-in yet, but I'm still frustrated. We have a coworker leaving the company and Thursday is her last day. We talked about having a little thing for her and all bringing snacks. Great idea, I like her. I plan to bring my low-cal pumpkin caramel cupcakes (I think they're 3-4 points on new ww). And then someone asked if we could move the weigh-in to Thursday. The same someone that was so adamant about having all these new rules. My vote to just bring healthier snacks was in the minority.   The majority was in favor of weighing Thursday so they can eat junk later.

I'll still be weighing in Friday morning.

I don't think it's changing the rules that's actually bothering me. It's the fact that everyone was so excited about a new round, and then half gained during the first week. Now we're in the second week, and they're rearranging the weigh-in so they can eat shit and not face the scale the next day. At least half of the people participating are making no effort at all. THAT is what's really bothering me. Actually keeping up with the contest takes very little time on my part, but a few of us are trying really hard and taking this seriously. As we ALL should.

Moving on..

This week has been great, and easy actually. Monday was a rest day, and today was another date with Jillian. I've got my weights and ball out to use while I watch BL tonight. I'm already getting a little sore from earlier, but that just reassures me I didn't waste my time! I definitely don't "phone it in" with 30 Day Shred!

Ooooo! I found canned pumpkin at the grocery store this weekend! FINALLY. I made pumpkin mousse last night, and I forgot how awesome it was. It's pumpkin pie in pudding form. And only 2 points. Epic.

5 comments:

  1. That doesn't make sense to me at all. If you want to loose weight, you have to start changing the way you think about food--cutting out junk, choosing better options...why wouldn't they go for better food choices?

    I'm glad you stuck to your guns and are weighing in on Friday!

    Oh, by chance...will you be posting the caramel pumpkin cupcake recipe?? That sounds like something my hubs and babes would really enjoy!! (And it sounds like a great little treat to give to people!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be frustrated, too. Sounds like people who are not remotely serious and are just "playing" at losing weight. Too bad. This would be a great way for a team to make huge progress helping each other out.

    If I were Prez of a company, I'd never allow crap to be brought in, at all. Nothing with sugar. Nothing junk food a la pastires, donuts, etc. You wanna bring in something for a group snack or meeting, it better be something real like fruit or roast chicken or a colorful salad. Yep, I'd definitely ban company parties with crap. Like this country needs more obese folks? Really? So there. :D

    Be happy with your weigh-in! Even if it's only you losing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wrote a post about running away from things. I do it too...It's frustrating! Just be the example for others, maybe one day they will get it and join in.

    Keep up the great work and stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I totally get "phoning it in" she really over uses that phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys, I feel less like a hormonal biatch now! It just bothers me that they realize they need to do something (obviously since they joined the contest), but don't care enough to try. Even if I try and fail, at least I tried.

    ReplyDelete