Sunday, September 4, 2011

Three day weekend, and weigh-in!

Because this is my favorite part, I'll just go ahead and tell you I lost 2.4 lbs this week. After having Chinese the night before. No regrets this week :D

My knee chilled out enough to go back to the gym and abuse it some more. So I did. The bff went with me after signing up for a membership this week. Her husband got one, so mine did, then she did. I was admittedly a little shocked that she signed up, even though she goes to Zumba. I've always had this feeling that she enjoys getting out of the house on Tuesday nights more than the class.. mostly because she shakes her head at the instructor on a lot of the moves! Either way, I really loved that she went with me. She also had me stay almost an hour after Zumba earlier this week to talk about weight watchers because she wants to lose weight. I did, and as of Saturday night, she still hasn't started. Both our husbands have said she won't do it, but as a fellow fatty, I can't agree with them. Everyone's final straw is different.

I still don't know why it finally clicked for me (or why it clicked OFF this summer), and I don't know if or when it will click for her. But I do know that a lot of people told me I would quit after 2 weeks of dieting last year. I made it a year before finally going off course, and got back on eventually. It would be very unfair to say she can't or won't do it. I hope she proves the guys wrong. And rubs their faces in it :)

Anywho, I worked out with her Friday night and Mr. D this morning. I used the weights a lot more both trips to the gym, and am getting a bit more comfortable with them. I still feel a little anxious using them when there are a ton of people there, but I'll eventually get over it. My friend also suggested drinking low fat chocolate milk afterwards to keep my muscles from being so sore. I think it's helped, because I'm not nearly as sore as I was last week and I did a lot more this weekend. So, there- a reason to keep chocolate milk in the fridge. You're welcome.

On another note, my mom donated some clothes to me this weekend. She had a bag of clothes from when she lost almost 100 lbs after my son was born. She was down to a size 12/14, but gained over half back since then. Most of the shirts are 16s and 18s (not women's). There's one that fits comfortable, but the rest make me feel like a stuffed sausage. One I really love is a long sleeved shirt, and I want to wear it by my birthday comfortably. It's really tight in my arms, and it's going to take a lot of work!

I can't seem to post daily, so here's the menu from Thursday and Friday!

Thursday breakfast was a bagel thin with low fat strawberry cream cheese, watermelon, and coffee with almond joy creamer.


Lunch was salad with spritzer, and they brought 2 kinds of pasta. I tried both, but only liked the alfredo.

Afternoon snack was watermelon with string cheese.


Dinner was fish (which was disgusting and went in the garbage), steamed broccoli with cheese, and a baked potato with ff sour cream and light butter.

Friday, breakfast was a poached egg with toast, watermelon, and coffee with creme brulee creamer.

Morning snack was yogurt.

We didn't have lunch catered Friday, so I used one of those hormel meals- spinach and cheese ravioli? Don't buy it. It wasn't disgusting, but it wasn't worth it either.

Afternoon snack was an apple.

Then coffee with peppermint mocha creamer. I was starving all afternoon, and so tired, so the coffee helped take the edge off both :)


Kid spent the night with his dad Friday, but we met at my mom's house. And what did she have ready for us when we arrived? Chocolate covered sin. Cleverly disguised with brightly covered candles. She made them from scratch, and sorta bullied me into trying them to give her an honest opinion. I had one bite, and told her what I thought. As soon as his dad got there, I boxed them up and sent them with him. Better to add dimples to their asses than mine.

BFF and I had dinner at the mall and went shopping. I splurged and had Chinese, and it was awesome. We walked the mall for 2 hours and then headed to the gym, so I don't feel the least bit guilty.


I found my new favorite hat, too.


Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!! It's raining here in Memphis (and wasn't supposed to per the weather man just a few days ago), so our plans got all screwed up. Happy Labor Day!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the loss! It is so awesome that you have gotten back on track!

    ReplyDelete