Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Funnel cake, birthday cake, or patty cake.

Sorry this is a bit late! The weekend was pretty busy for us, and Monday was just yucky and emotional.

I joined the TDD challenge on Thursday last week and started at 219.8 lbs. I weighed in Sunday at 217.2 lbs for a loss of 2.6 in less than a week. Definitely happy with that, especially after the temptations I faced all weekend!

Saturday was the harvest festival, so the kid and I went with several friends. There was face painting, pumpkin painting, games, moonbounces, and food. Like fair food. As in funnel cake, corndogs, and loaded nachos. OMGILOVEFUNNELCAKE. I thought it would be easy, just avoid that section of the festival, right?? Wrong! My son tried a piece of funnel cake, courtesy of my brother, and LOVED it. Of course he did. Not only did I get in line and order him one, I had to hold his plate and tear pieces off for him.. hot sugarcoated pieces of fried dough.. funnel cake smells like heaven.. AND my friend ordered the nachos, and offered to share her cheesy chili goodness too.

But you know what? I had neither. Kid shared his funnel cake with our friends, (God knows he didn't need all of that either), and I declined on the nachos as well. I was absolutely starving by the time we got home (we were there a lot longer than planned), and had my salad and vegetable soup as planned. Was it good? Yep. Was it funnel cake? Hell naw. But at the end of the day, I felt good about my choices.

Sunday took us to a birthday party for our friend's son. Food was out to get me this weekend. I had a burger (one of our lunch options) with mustard and veggies, and that was it. No chips and dip, no cake and ice cream. I stuck to my plan, and it was a piece of cake. Heh. There were toddlers EVERYWHERE at the party, and it was awesome. I love toddlers, it's my favorite stage because everything is just so new and exciting for them.

Monday rolled around, and it just bitch slapped all my happy feelings from the weekend and my weigh in. My brother's baby mama is having a girl, and I'm happy for her, but a little heartbroken. I was the last girl born in our family, and I had really hoped to have the first girl. I know it's stupid, but it's true. I also got a call from a friend asking if I was pregnant yet because she just found out she is. It wasn't planned and she's more scared than excited right now. I'm so happy for her, but definitely jealous. Monday ended with Mr. D and I upset (way too personal to share the details), and me crying a lot. I think we're okay now, but we'll see.

I hope everyone else is having an easy week!

4 comments:

  1. It is so hard to turn down the goodies (mmm, chips and funnel cake), but after it's all said and done, at the end of the day, it sure feels good to have avoided them! Good job sweetie :)

    I hope you have a wonderful week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea on the weight loss!! I'll have to hurry to catch up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go turning down the goodies. That is not easy!! Keep up the great work and stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You won my giveaway, I'll send you an email.

    ReplyDelete