Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pictures make up for absences, right?

Thank you, Princess, for the reminder to update! I've been such a horrible blogger, 2011 was just NOT my year.. haha! I still read everyone's posts, I just haven't had time to comment or post my own. It's on my New Year's Resolution list ;)

First, mom has not been back to the hospital so far and has been doing okay. She's still having spells of weakness/dizziness/sweating and occasional bouts of nausea, but it's lessened greatly. She has to completely avoid some of her favorite things, like coffee and tea, but she's working around it well. She saw her doctor a few weeks ago and they scheduled another complete physical exam at the end of the month. If it doesn't turn anything up, they're looking at her liver and endocrine system. Mom's not too worried about it at the moment since she's feeling fine, but 2 hospitalizations in a month? I'm not ready to let my guard down yet. She's dealing with a cracked rib at the moment, too! 

I'm dealing with a little bout of depression lately, but I think that's pretty common around the holidays. I've been feeling icky for a while, but I wasn't really aware of it until I spent an entire Saturday watching an NCIS marathon in my pajama's. I think I moved from the couch 3 times all day.. whoops! I didn't mean to be a slug, I was just in a mood. Realizing that's what it is makes fixing it a lot easier. 

One of the things I'll be doing to help is, obviously, getting back to my weight loss. I haven't been working at it since Allan left (if anyone knows what happened there, please let me know?), but I haven't gone on a food frenzy either. I'm making decent choices all day, and blowing it late at night. I've hovered around 220 for the last month. I'm not weighing again until January 1. I can't completely commit to any kind of plan right now, so I'm just going to do my best until then.

Baby making is on hold, indefinitely. Mr. D and I are having some issues in that department, and for my mental health, we're just not even talking about babies right now. Planning a baby shower for my nephew's mother is a wee bit hard right now, but I want to do that for her.

The kid and I have been crafting a bit lately (Pinterest is a bad place for folks with ADD!), and though our little projects never turn out quite like they look on Pinterest, making things together and getting glitter EVERYWHERE make us both so furiously happy. Here are a few of our Christmas-y things:

Melted Snowman Cookies (Yes, I know these are super evil sugary demons. He has one Christmas party a year, and he picked these to make, so stop with all the judging, haha!)


He asked for a "Polar Express" lunch, and this was my lame attempt with the train and the bell. Kid has LOW expectations I guess, because he thought it was great.


Ornament we made for Mr. D- it has rose petals from our wedding inside, and our anniversary on the back of ornament


Snowman ornament, filled with fake snow


Fingerprint snowmen ornament- grandparent gift from the kid


Our weekly calendar, with Christmas-y colors


This looks so sad compared to the picture, but the lack of spacing between colors and the huge bald spots make me love it more because I'll always remember the little hands that helped :)


And one of his weekend lunches


If I don't post again until after the holidays, I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!! 

6 comments:

  1. Holidays are complex...for me, bittersweet. Parents are gone. Nephew died in July. So, really...part nostalgia, part sadness, part joy, part holy essence. Complex.

    Look, hold on. If depression is hitting, the WORST you can do is gain, indulge, cause it makes the depression worse and getting back on a plan harder. Just hold on. Allow yourself to eat at night if the urge hits, but only good stuff. Stock up on veggies, fruit, yogurt, etc...and have your "evening stash" and only eat what is nutritious. It's a compromise, and is still extra calories, but depression can be linked to chemistry--body chemistry--and eating right can sort out some biochemical bugaboos. Do that much and you'll be ready to tackle 2012.

    Thanks for updating. And glad mamma is better. Keep the hope. Keep fighting. Never give in. And be well, dear gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously a day in pjs being a vegetable can be so therapeutic at times... glad your moms doing better and I really hope all the blues tend to shift onward for you. The crafts are awesome and as much as I've managed to stay away from pinterest the past few months these pics totally make me want to check it out... must.... stay.... away..... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your mom and will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
    Allan didn't give me a reason for leaving he just said he "might" return so be on the look out. Gotta love Allan LOL
    Look at you and all your crafts! They look amazing, wish I had the patience for that stuff and also the time! I have that receipe for those snowmen, haven't made them yet.
    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cool lunches! You're such a fun mom! :) Hey what's your MyFitnessPal name so I can add you to my friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoughts and prayers on the way... great pictures make for a festive holiday.

    Happy New Year!

    -Patrick
    Moved my blog to wordpress>
    http://responsibility199.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete