Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hmmm.

Allan challenged everyone to blog twice daily for accountability.. hmm. I think it's a great idea, but not sure I have time for two posts. As infrequent as my posting is now, once daily is challenge enough! Besides, do y'all really want to read my ramblings twice daily? ;) Me neither!

This morning was awful mood wise. I've already gotten it out of my system with a friend and don't want to go into the details again, but I think I'll be taking a vacation from my family after the baby shower Saturday. I've mentioned before that I love my mother, but my relationship with her was and continues to be the most dysfunctional one I have. My goal for 2012 is to be healthier and happier, and I really feel that my relationship with her and other family members.is standing in the way of that. I'm not cutting ties with them, I do love them, but a break and some boundaries have become necessary. And I really need to learn to say no.

Eats today were good..
Breakfast was half a light English muffin, a slice of turkey bacon, an egg, and a slice of fat free cheese with coffee.
Snacks were 2 clementines and half a serving of almonds.
Lunch was leftover cola chicken and green beans.
Dinner will be hamburger noodle casserole and veggies.

I've got yogurt and an apple ready if I want a snack later.. I've really been struggling with night time snacking. It's almost always popcorn (Mr. D pops it every night).

3 comments:

  1. Families can be tough for sure. Glad you are taking care of yourself!

    Keep focused!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes that's a tough decision to make - but acknowledging you need a break and taking one will be good for you and for the family relationships!
    How is your heel?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite thing quote I've heard recently is that when you say no to someone else, you're saying yes to yourself.

    SAY YES TO YOURSELF!

    ReplyDelete