Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 5 (we think?)

First, thank you SO MUCH everyone!!! Mr. D and I are beyond excited!!! We've been trying since last July, and finally decided to take a break from all of it at Christmas. I guess what they say is true.. as soon as you stop trying- bam!

Part of me is still in shock, but it's starting to feel real. We've already told all our family and friends, and they're all so excited! My mother screamed and cried, which was a lot more than I was expecting since Vanessa is due any day now! His mother was so happy, she said this just made her weekend! Everyone has been so excited!! Aside from my SIL and her fiance. My SIL said we're ruining her wedding and some very ugly things were posted to husband's facebook, but we aren't letting their negativity take away from our happiness right now. Mr. D tried calling his sister several times (I was really hoping this could be an opportunity for them to work things out), but they refuse to speak to us. Their loss, we're moving on and celebrating without them. I spent one evening writing 2 emails to them.. one venting, and one forgiving them and apologizing. I didn't send either, but it helped let all the yucky feelings go.

So.. we have an appointment 2/21 and will hopefully be hearing the heartbeat then!! Mr. D and the kid have been so sweet it's almost disgusting (I have some very wonderful guys!). We learned this week that decaf coffee (I haven't touched caffeine since we found out)  and olive oil are things I'll be avoiding, but I haven't felt too bad yet.

The only area I'm struggling with is food.. I have NO idea how much to eat! It says you should only increase calories by about 300, but I'm having trouble even getting to 2000 after keeping it around 1200-1500 for so long. It just feels like too much, so I'm snacking on walnuts and almonds to help boost it a bit. Suggestions? I'll be asking the doctor at our appointment but would love ideas until the appt.

Hope everyone has a great week!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats again! I wouldn't worry too much about upper your calories yet - when you start getting hungrier (cause you know, you are MAKING a PERSON! LOL) you will be able to get those extras in. 1200-1500 sounds totally fine for now. Just sit back and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations that is awesome!! Sorry about the SIL, that's too bad. I love your positive attitude. Just stay focused on you and your family!

    ReplyDelete