Friday, March 29, 2013

03/28/2013

Apparently I'm too lazy for titles this week!

I just spent several minutes writing an incredibly whiny, negative post. Those kinds of thoughts aren't going to help anything, so I deleted it. I'm really looking forward to the weekend, even though we won't be having our normal family get together for Easter. It's probably for the best!

Yesterday's breakfast was coffee with raw sugar and half & half, a clean blueberry cream cheese muffin (from the freezer), and watermelon. A nice quickie for when some of us are running late in the morning. Not that it happens to us, of course.. ;)


Chris took a sandwich made with natural almond butter and strawberry jam (the clean one we have tastes SO much better than the junk we used to use!) on whole wheat bread, grapes, peas, and some of the Irish cheese.


Lunch was left sitting on my kitchen counter in the chaos this morning, great place for it. We have catered lunches at work, so I had a baked potato. It was the cleanest thing they brought (burgers and cookies being the only other thing).


Weather was beautiful again, and it's supposed to rain for the next 2-3 days, so I took the kids for a walk while Ryan made dinner. I can't wait for Spring to really get here so we can do this more!

Dinner was a slice of homemade pizza (sauce and dough) with a salad. The whole wheat crust was a little different, but we really liked it! I don't think freezing the dough in the future is such a good idea, though. With it being cold, it was very difficult to stretch! The recipe we have requires the dough to sit out for an hour covered, so this may be a weekend only meal. Does someone have a better dough recipe?


No snacking at work again, just way too busy! I really miss boss-friend!

So, I know I said I wasn't going to go into all the negative junk, but I do have a question.. I have 2 brothers, one that's married with 2 kids. One only talks to my parents when he needs something (groceries, gas money, car parts this week), but does say thanks. The other, along with his wife and kids, lived with my parents for most of the last 3 years. No rent, no helping with anything. She stocked their new apartment, watched their kids while they both went to school, gave them unlimited use to her car, and she's afraid to add up how much money has been given (we're talking thousands of dollars). No one ever says thank you, and they're flat out rude sometimes. The wife seems to get pissed when my mom needs to use her own car if they've had it- like it's inconveniencing her. My questions is- at what point do you say enough? My mom's struggling with that because of the kids. I don't think there is a right answer, but what they're doing now sure isn't preparing them for the future..

Alright, everyone have a fabulous friday!!




2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend! I hope the weather turn around for you!

    It's a really difficult situation for your parents. They might be afriad your brother will cut them off from the kids but really it doesn't sound like he can. She should speak up because what she si doing is not helping and it will only make her resent them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty much how I feel. I think they're using the kids to manipulate her, too. And they really don't have enough money to go around, but they also aren't very smart with the money they do have..

    ReplyDelete