Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 3

As usual, my day started with coffee (sugar and half and half added). Breakfast was a KIND bar and a green smoothie made with a banana, strawberries, spinach, water, and a drizzle of honey that I split with a coworker (it's her blender at work).

Lunch was a baked chicken thigh, salad with light Italian dressing, and 2 red potatoes.

No snacking again during the day as I was still busy training the new girl, which meant I was starving before dinner was even started.. I did have a small slice of Colby jack cheese to hold me over since dinner was going to be late (Fridays are crazy at husband's bank).

Dinner was greek style shrimp scampi (angel hair, shrimp, diced tomatoes, green pepper, garlic, and ff feta), salad with lite balsamic vinaigrette, croutons, and ff cheese, and a slice of garlic bread.

I was starving when we sat down, but it was too much food. And, thankfully, I can say I stopped when I was full (what is pictured with the garlic bread is what was left). As someone who grew up with the clean-plate-rule, that's something I have to work on at every meal. It doesn't help when I have a husband that, no matter how many time I say I'm full, will push me to finish something so it's not wasted.. He did that over his sushi birthday dinner as well. I only had 3 pieces of one roll and 3-4 of another, and he got upset because he "had to finish them by himself." I told him I wasn't going to make myself miserable just because he ordered too much (I thought 2 rolls were plenty).

Is anyone else dealing with an unsupportive spouse? Mine sits at a desk all day for his new job, so he's put on some weight and his shirts are getting tighter.. I think what frustrates me most right now is listening to him say he needs to lose weight.. And then trying to guilt me into eating more than I need to.

Moving on!! It's 38 degrees here in Memphis today. Bipolar weather? Doesn't look like the yard will be getting finished today. I do have a project I'm going to TRY to complete.. Will post photos later if I do!











6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the spouse! The first time I lost weight my husband was supportive ... but only as long as he didn't have to give up food he wanted! This go round he is really motivated to lose weight himself, which really helps. Hopefully as he sees you are committed and the positive difference it makes, he will come around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was like that the first time I lost weight, pre baby. As long as he could still eat whatever he wanted, he was good!

      Delete
  2. Stay strong & firm with what you want to do to help you achieve your goals. I know it's tough; I was in that position before but the hubby has finally come around. He just needed to do when the time was right for him. Don't let anyone guilt you into eating something. Do try to explain to him how it makes you feel when you're put in that kind of position. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm trying to stay firm, and the photo challenge is helping with that a lot! It just makes me sad to think that the person that should be most supportive of me getting healthier is usually the least.

      Delete
  3. My husband is "trying" to lose weight too. Guess who he blames for gaining weight since we have been married?? You guessed it me! He tells me he loves me no matter what and I don't have to lose weight...dude..I love you but I am losing weight for me not you! He is a big don't waste food person too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like mine!! He'll tell me how much he wants to lose weight right before he orders 2-3 burgers :) I love him, but he sure is making this harder!

      Delete