Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Got milk?

So I experimented yesterday morning.. coffee with stevia and half & half.. The stevia had an odd aftertaste, so I dumped it and made it right. We wanted to try a different sweetener, preferably one that doesn't cause migraines, neurological issues, or cancer, but this isn't it. It even had a fog that looked like dry ice when I poured it into the jar.. that can't be good!! Does anyone use truvia?

Breakfast was an omelet made with 2 eggs, peppers, onions, turkey sausage crumbles, and ff cream cheese. We eat eggs a lot for breakfast.


Lunch was homemade tuna salad (made with light miracle whip and celery), rf wheat thins, and green beans.


No snacking during the day again.. This training thing is helping a lot with that!

Dinner was homemade chicken noodle soup and ritz crackers. I made a big batch because boss-friend's chemo drug was changed for this week's treatment due to side effects.. But now she has a whole host of other side effects including nausea, mouth sores, and a bad taste in her mouth that won't go away.. AND a cold! She's having trouble kicking the cold because of her immune system, and she loves my soup, so I'm taking her a big batch today.


And the milk happened again.. 2 glasses last night. Husband asked if I was pregnant again (I took a half gallon with me to work a lot of days). Not the case, I think it's become my substitute for something sweet.. It could be worse, but still something that needs to stop.


On a side note, I haven't been giving calorie counts but I have been tracking it all with my fitness pal (cdurrell85) and I'm staying below my 1310 calorie limit it suggested!

Also, this is what our weather was like this week after having temps up in the 80s for a while.. No wonder everyone is sick!









8 comments:

  1. Let's say you decided to drink a breakfast shake or smoothie, or a lunch shake or smoothie. They are all milk based, either by mixing it in or adding water to a dehydrated milk base. Skim, lo-fat, there are much worse things than 2 glasses of milk a day.. Relax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just seems like such a waste of calories once I track it, LOL!

      Delete
  2. I use Truvia in my coffee. I haven't tried Stevia though. I don't think Truvia has an aftertaste. It does definitely make my coffee taste a little bit different than sugar would though. I've gotten used to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to get used to the real sugar again after using aspartame for years! I just want something safe!

      Delete
  3. I love stevia in the raw, is that what you used? I put two packets in my coffee every morning with vanilla soy milk and i think it's yummy. I also used to use stevia but it tasted more chemically to me. There is also a new one, nectresse I think, might be worth a try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was stevia in the raw, maybe it's just something I will eventually get used to. I hate odd tasting coffee ;)

      Delete
  4. Your chicken soup does look really good. So sorry about your friend tho, that really sucks she's got the cold on top of everything else. :( Chicken soup is good for the soul. It's great that you're bringing her some. I'm with Al, better to drink the milk than all the other possibilities. :) Have you tried coconut milk or almond milk in your coffee in place of sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried almond or coconut milk in coffee before. I have some almond milk in the fridge, maybe I'll experiment with that in the morning!

    My friend is incredibly stubborn and won't take a day off to recoup (she's too worried that someone is going to think she's not able to handle everything..). The least I could do was make soup!

    ReplyDelete